ViaVoice

Jee 14:04 01 Apr 03

I have installed ViaVoice from the May coverdisk. The toolbar does not appear no matter what I try. I have been able to use the "teaching" wizard, but nothing else. Clicking on the icon in the Programs list causes a brief blink on the screen, nothing else. I am running Windows 98 SE with all updates. Any ideas please, or has anyone else had the same problem?

spikey 17:22 08 Apr 03

Hi Jee sorry you have problems but you have got further than I. I simply get missing dll message
(vtcommon.dll) and kicked out.

RJay 20:32 08 Apr 03

Have installed and everything works OK.
Also running Windows 98SE

bruno 22:15 08 Apr 03

I got the same result as Spikey.

spikey 09:14 09 Apr 03

I'm also using 98SE.
Does anyone run viavoice from the May PC Adviser cover disc that have overcome the problems encountered by Jee or myself?
Thanks

ghaz 19:32 18 Apr 03

I'm also using Win98SE and have experienced same problem as spikey. Has anyone found a solution yet please?

bruno 08:50 24 Apr 03

I have 98SE on one drive and failed to get into via voice and also failed to remove it properly.I have XP pro on the pther drive and last night I installed it(after creating a restore point),and it works fine.Must be something to do with 98se.

recap 09:01 24 Apr 03

Sorry Jee, we use viavoice here at work and have had no problems with it at all. It could be the disc you have, look in the mag or on here for how to obtaining a replacement disc.

Mango Grummit 10:00 24 Apr 03

I have not installed it yet as I'm waiting for the free head-set (PCA offer). Has anyone sent for it and got it yet?

Jee 08:00 25 Apr 03

I have tried yet another re-load of ViaVoice and, for the first time, I chose to put it on the Start Menu. Much to my surprise it all worked and I have since removed ViaVoice from the start menu and it starts fine from the Programs Menu.

baxter1 20:45 02 May 03

i too have the same problem as gee, i.e i can set up the voice traing wizard but not get the tool bar (voicecentre) on the screen. i have tried the suggested remedy of putting it on the start menu but this makes no difference. i am uusing Me edition of Windows, i have plenty of hard disc space etc and all should be ok. if i click on the icons on the programme list there is brief fluttering of activty on the disk drive but it peters out and nothing else happens. i previously tried a copy of the programme given with computer buyer, but this suffers the same fate. help!!!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…