vhs video to pc hard drive

Newuser4345 21:55 11 Feb 03

does anybody know how i can transfer vhs video from a video player on to my pc's hard drive any suggestions will be greatly recieved

AMD_MAN23 22:50 11 Feb 03

Firstly does your video card suport video in, if not then you would have to buy a seperate tv card for this.

c.b.

Bagsey 22:51 11 Feb 03

First of all you will need a large hard drive ( 80 gig or there abouts)to store the video. Next as vhs is an analogue signal then you will need a video capture card and the software to edit the film.The capture cards and software vary in cost from £40 - £50 to large sums. ie several hundred quid so you will need to check your pocket depth before you get carried away with this project.

phredd 22:52 11 Feb 03

If you have a Scart socket you can get a Scart to Phono adaptor cable (often included in a video editing cable pack) and connect into the video / audio sockets on your PC. You then transfer as you would from a video camera via appropriate software.

The cable I use for video transfer has a yellow connector for the video and red and white for the audio (stereo channels).

Alternatively you may have Phono outlets on your VCR which will also suffice to connect both video and audio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…