VHS Video to CD

Ritchbee 01:19 02 Oct 04

This question may have been ask many time before I know but.............

I have a Radeon 9700 Pro 128Mg card which if I'm correct has a TV out.

Do I still need a PCI card or other means to capture the video other software etc.

Does anyone know a good website were you can read up on how this is done and gives you simple instructions on how to !.

Many thanks

melancol 01:47 02 Oct 04

sorry, it may be me, what are you trying to do?

Night Ryder 01:48 02 Oct 04

To capture video you will require a Video Capture card. You could try a search for "video capture card" to get an idea of how it works. I use a number of different cards to capture video on the PC's I use. These vary greatly in price depending on what you wish to do. I'll start with the cheapest. I am using two in two different PC's at present. The first is the Osprey 220 and the second is the "Matrox" RTX100.
The Osprey, if I remember correctly was about £100 and the "Matrox" RTX100 with bundled software was £750. It all depends on how serious you are about capturing video. You could take a look at the "Dabs" web site, click here to get an idea of what's available.

Ritchbee 02:04 02 Oct 04

Transfer my VHS tapes to CD

TTP 07:27 02 Oct 04

Im using the 'Dazzle Fusion' which is usb (version 2.0 compliant) cost £50 but does the job for me. From experience you will need to buy a scart to rca adapter that has a 'input/output' switch on it to allow the player to output thru the scart (£4) , unless of course your vhs player has the seperate sockets and necc. cables already. I dont think tv-out on a g-card counts as input, but ViVo (video in / video out) does. Not sure whether this is thru a firewire connector ? not sure.Hope this helps

john-232317 08:14 02 Oct 04

I would have thought any TV card and the software included would do it.

I used to do it with my ATI allinwonder card, just connect the video to the Ariel socket on the card.

john-232317 08:18 02 Oct 04

Sorry missread your post, you will also nead something like Nero to put your capture to VCD

pj123 10:26 02 Oct 04

Have a read of this thread and all the links within it.

I don't think you will get very much of a 3 hour video onto CD - you might be better looking at a DVD Rewriter. I am using the LG GSA4082B click here

Price around £50 depending on supplier. I got mine from Ebuyer.

pj123 10:31 02 Oct 04

Sorry, trying to do two things at once, forgot to put the first link in. Here it is: click here

Ritchbee 22:05 02 Oct 04

Thanks for all the advice....

conrail 22:44 02 Oct 04

try a belkin video bus, it is usb so no taking the back of the pc, then get a scart to audo cablem scart 1 end + white + red jackpulgs at other to fit into videobus then just capture, if you get a video bus it will be set up for the usa, just select pal in the setup

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…