VHS Video Capture Problems with Pinnacle DV500 DVD

Colonelkaye 13:05 06 Jul 03

Hi, I am currently using the Pinnacle DV500 DVD capture system with external breakout box to enable import or export to VHS.

I have recently completed capture of a movie from my DV Camcorder and now want to repeat the process importing all of my VHS tapes to DVD format.

I cannot get the pc to recognise that a VHS is attached using the cables provided. Has any one else experienced a similar problem or am I missing something simple!!

Please help

MichelleC 13:26 06 Jul 03

I'm assuming the box is an analogue capture device. You say you've captured dv from your dv camcord, which is a firewire type of capture. Is the box firewire with analogue conversion, or is the box an analogue converter and it's linked to a firewire card on your pc?

Colonelkaye 13:44 06 Jul 03

No. the breakout box has both. It has a firewire connection and also S-video/composite video / audio - in and out which connects directly to the pinnacle capture card in the pc.

The DV captured fine and my home DVD is great (for a first attempt). Now I connect the video to the breakout box via a scart connector and I cannot for the life of me get the program (which uses Adobe Premiere 6.0 and/or Pinnacle DV500 DVD

Is this any more helpful?

Thanks

Bagsey 15:13 06 Jul 03

To get some very helpful video editing advice about pinnacle equipment goto
click here?
You may need to search the board to find the forum you need but it is there.

Bagsey 15:19 06 Jul 03

Sorry I missed out this site run by an enthusiast for info. on Pinnacle gear.
click here

Bagsey 15:27 06 Jul 03

They say that absent mindedness is a sign of advancing years. If that is true HELP my years are advancing to quickly.
This is the dv500 forum.
click here

(A facility to edit ones writings would be a very usefull addition to this forum. It would help to stop people like me looking a right burke with missing out chunks of writing.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…