VHS tapes to mpeg then divx - sound out of synch.

Sara K 12:19 17 Feb 09

I have been transferring some old TV shows on VHS tape to my PC with a Dazzle Video Creator. The results are quite good, but the mpeg files are quite big so I have tried to use SuperEasy Video Converter to convert to divx files for putting on DVD.

The file size is fine, but the sound is now out of synch with the video. The original mpeg files sound synch is fine.

Should I use other software to convert or is there something I need to do to the mpeg file before I try to convert?

Sara K 16:48 17 Feb 09

Would VideoRedo do the trick? I used this to edit the mpeg but maybe I could try something else before converting to divx.

MAJ 18:34 17 Feb 09

You have no need to convert them if you want to burn them (your good mpegs) to DVD, just use DVDFlick click here to do the whole process for you. There's even a little tutorial in there to get you started.

Wak 19:47 17 Feb 09

If you are still interested in synchronising the sound to the picture, download the FREE "VirtualDub" Program and under the AUDIO menu you can increase(+) or delay(-) the position of the sound in milliseconds.

Sara K 20:33 17 Feb 09

Thanks for these great suggestions, guys. I'll try them out. They look very interesting. I heard about VirtualDub earlier today and DVDFlick is new to me.

Take care
Sara

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now