VHS tapes to DVD

badgermansix 22:11 30 May 04

Can anyone please advise about this type of conversion.

Assuming that I have the correct hardware (or my son has rather), how do we go about this?

We have WinTV installed, have captured programmes from it, but want to copy some old tapes to DVD.
TIA

SANTOS7 22:26 30 May 04

click here this should help, good luck

badgermansix 22:35 30 May 04

Thanks SANTOS7, I've had a quick look and it looks like a good read :-)

boot-it-out 07:47 31 May 04

Thinking of getting my first DVD burner - intending to buy a "Dual" type for burning "DVD+" or "DVD-" mainly intended for converting video tapes to DVD discs.

Which format should I use ? ( and which disc media should I buy ? ) - will either format play back on a "Normal" DVD Player ( ie not one housed in a computer, but the one under my Television set ?? ) and any other thoughts on the subject would ne appreciated.

Cheeers for your advice folks,

Alan M

SEASHANTY 12:41 31 May 04

Buy a multi-region Panasonic standalone DVD recorder. Just connect your VCR via scart to the
DVD recorder and record VHS tapes direct onto DVD-R.
In addition the player is multi region so will play
USA region 1 DVD's. Less hassle than recording via
the PC. click here

SEASHANTY 12:46 31 May 04

That link does not appear to work - try again -
click here

badgermansix 21:43 18 Jun 04

SEASHANTY, I'm afraid cost comes into this equation :-(( sorry for long delay, been away> :-))

SEASHANTY 22:10 18 Jun 04

Yes - cost is a major factor in standalone DVD recorders but they will slowly fall as DVD players have done. Been several VHS to DVD queries lately. As you have been away here's a link to a previous one
click here

woodchip 22:14 18 Jun 04

You need a TV capture card then just plug Video recorder into Arial socket on the card

GRFT 09:33 19 Jun 04

Not really pertinent to the thread title, but does anyone know of a DVD/Hard disk video recorder that includes a Freeview digital tuner? I suppose they will become available given time, as this removes the necessity of yet another box.But as the Panasonic DMRE85 gets rave reviews I may not bother to wait.

SEASHANTY 10:08 19 Jun 04

Some price comparisons here
click here
The Humax PVR - 8000T is a Freeview box that contains a 40GB Hard disk drive giving around 20 hours video recording of TV programmes
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now