VHS to PC - no sound

VNAM75 21:09 23 Sep 05

I followed a tutorial on a site to transfer a vhs tape to my PC which I have succeeded in doing apart from not being able to get any sound. I'm using XP Windows Movie Maker, a gigabyte 6600gt with VIVO graphics card and the nvidia wdm video capture driver. A composite cable connects the video out of the VCR to the Video in of the grahics card. For the sound I'm using a RCA composite to mini-plug converter conecting the audio out of the VCR to the input (Line In) of the sound card.

I am able to see the video in XP Movie Maker while the the VCR is playing but there is no sound during or after the video capture.

The VCR is not connected to the TV during this process but that shouldn't make any difference(?).

I have tried something similar with my avermedia tv card and get the same results.

Totally-braindead 21:49 23 Sep 05

I would look at the audio properties and chek that your line in is not disabled.

Audeal 23:29 23 Sep 05

VNAM75: Totally-braindead is correct and it should be remembered that you have two imputs on your machine, "Mic" and "Line In". You can not have both enabled at the same time. If you use your mic for chatting online then you will need to disable the Mic and enable the Line in. This is needed for receiving sound on Video, but remember you will need to change it over if you want to use your mic to chat again later.

woodchip 23:35 23 Sep 05

As above you have to make sure that the Windows sound and the software match to get sound working. For windows sound the sound should go to "Line in" on front or back of computer. You then double click the sound Icon in System tray, then click options top left click recording, then you have to tick the line in on the recording and turn the slider full up. then in software you need to check setup options for sound and set as above but you should see front and back "Line in" make sure you choose the right one

absent 09:55 24 Sep 05

Have you configured video source to PAL?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…