VHS to PC Hardware

Wellpastit 14:14 29 Mar 03

Many articles have been written on transfering VHS to PC but they all gloss over the hardware needed.
Video Capture Card, or Graphics card that includes a socket to connect a VCR, or TV tuner card, or external capture device.
My graphics card is
INO3D Tornado GeForce 4 Ti 4200 Accelerator that has just one Monitor output, and a small round socket - two pins per side and slot top and bottom.
The manual supplied is for the Ti 4400 and 4600 only, and the diagram is side view only so I cannot see the actual pins, but it could be a VGA DB15 Connector.
If this cannot be used, I would prefer a external capture device or else a video capture card.
I have no interest in a TV tuner card.
One article mentioned sending Digital signals from a VHS to a SB1394 socket.
I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum with external Control box, that contains SB1394 socket, RCA aux in, optical SPDIF in/out, RCA spdif in/out.
Can I use any of these?
my VHS recorder is getting on in years and only has 1 scart plus phono type audio sockets.
I would be prepared to purchase a VHS recorder if that would end my problem
( I cannot find external / internal video carpture cards on the web, only TV tuners )

i have no nickname 15:07 29 Mar 03

I currently use a video capture card supplied with Pinnacle DC10 plus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…