VHS to PC via DV camcorder

daisy2bell 10:35 25 Jan 05

I can succcessfuly transfer my old analogue camcorder film to the PC via my DV camcorder.
My problem is however, I want to transfer some of my VHS tapes (home movies) to PC.The only way is via a scart to the mini DV camcorder, and then on to the PC.
The scart lead needs to have a Audio/video jack/plug on the other end to plug into the miniDV.
Can these be obtained, if so what is the cable called.

Thanks

johnnyrocker 10:37 25 Jan 05

they are usually called scart to phono/rgb and can be got from either click here or click here

johnny.

daisy2bell 10:52 25 Jan 05

johnnyrocker

Thanks for that, I'll do some searching.
Just to clarify my needs, the other end of the scart lead is a "single" video/audio jack, in case I wasn't clear enough in my description. Is that what you understood?

TomJerry 10:54 25 Jan 05

you will find correct one from there

Technotiger 11:36 25 Jan 05

Hi, a better idea for the transfer VHS to PC would be via a pci TV Card - I have WinTV_Go by Hauppage, bought it in May 2003 £45, no doubt would be rather cheaper now. I have a VCR permanently attached so I can grab stills and video sent to me by my son from overseas.

Cheers.

daisy2bell 12:30 25 Jan 05

Thanks Guys. Went to Maplin and ordered a TV capture card,Scart adapter and relevant leads.
When it has arrived and I have tried it out, I will keep you informed as to the results

scotty 12:48 25 Jan 05

click here

Index do a kit of leads which allow you to connects most audio/visual devices for £9.99

johnnyrocker 12:48 25 Jan 05

good luck and yes i had envisaged your connections correctly some cables have red and white connectors for left/right audio but either will do in the case of mono sound.

johnny.

daisy2bell 14:13 25 Jan 05

Thanks for your help guys.
I'll keep you posted

daisy2bell 10:47 26 Jan 05

I recieved the leads and Scart converter (switchable to in/out) today.
They informed me that the TV card was out of stock.
Anyway I tried again today to capture a picture from the VCR to my Camcorder and when I switched the scart to "out" HEY PRESTO a picture appeared in the camcorder.
It looks as if I won't be needing a TV card after all. I shall try uploading to the PC later and if it works I will cancel the order for the TV card.
Will keep you posted.

The reason that I couldn't get a picture with the scart converter that I allready had, was because it wasn't switchable.

daisy2bell 11:58 26 Jan 05

Well I have uploaded a 10 minute clip and burnt it to DVD with very good results. Am now uploading the full VHS tape.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…