VHS to DVD - Picture Distortion

Wellpastit 22:00 11 Jun 04

I have saved some of my old but loved VHS films to DVD, because I noticed that the quality has suffered on the oldest.
I can transfer 9 out of every 10 successfully,
but the remaining 10%, at certain times through the film shows all movement in jerks, looks strange, and is reproduced on the final DVD.
Whilst recording these strange effects the picture on the TV that is also showing the VHS will be perfectly normal.
I have run task manager at the same time and I use between 13% and 22% of my CPU according to the movement in the picture.
I also used Pinacle through my graphics card because it can report dropped frames, and none was dropped, although the picture distortion was far worse than my normal ADS Instant DVD USB 2.0 connection.
I clean the heads of the VCR before recording, and the machine has only passed about 30 cassettes since new.
Single frame inspection shows a frame with a tear across the middle, when using the 3 month old Asus Radeon A9600 XT graphics card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…