VHS TO DVD DISC VIA PC...WHAT'S BEST CONNECTIVITY?

rotormota 08:48 13 Mar 05

Hi,
I want to transfer some old VHS to DVD & wondered what the best way to connect would be?

Simplest seems to be video converter leads (scart/composite to USB) but do these give a good result? I read that the fps rate is questionable? Any recommended?

Alternatively, an external TV tuner card preferably which accepts Freeview & with sockets to connect a VCR to transfer VHS. Is there such a device?

Any other ideas?

All the best,
Adzam

daisy2bell 09:27 13 Mar 05

Simplest seems to be video converter leads (scart/composite to USB) but do these give a good result? I read that the fps rate is questionable? Any recommended?

I did just this. And the results were very good, a slight drop in picture quality.

Terry Brown 09:47 13 Mar 05

Have a look on the ALDI web site as they having a promotion of Video to Computer to approx £30. click here

rotormota 10:22 13 Mar 05

Thanks...the Aldi looks a good buy but I don't have a store near to me & I don't think you can order online. I tried Lidl site also as they do have a store nearby but nothing similar on their site unless anyone knows if they stock it in store?

rotormota 10:26 13 Mar 05

Question for Daisybell: Did your VHS transfer end up as a stop/start result (I'm thinking FPS rate again) or did it run continuously? Also what model/make do you have?
All the best,
Adzam

€dstowe 10:30 13 Mar 05

Can I suggest you do a search on this forum before you go to a lot of trouble/expense. There are a lot of pitfalls in what you are proposing and it might help you if you are aware of these beforehand.

Don't let me put you off completely - this transfer is widely done but there are things best avoided, especially if you are just starting out doing it.

Cannuck 10:52 13 Mar 05

I just bought a NQ 6600 Moviebox from Scan.co.uk.
It cost £65.80, and you may need to buy a scart-to-composite connector at about £7.00.
You can make excellent quality DVDs in MPEG 1 or 2 or Divx, plus it comes with the software.
It is real easy to use, but you will need to edit if required in another programme, not supplied.

Cannuck 10:56 13 Mar 05

Should have added that you do need a computer with 2gh CPU or better, and you can make DVDs directly off your TV card if you have one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…