vhs to dvd

great dog 10:06 20 Oct 08

Whats the cheapest and easiest way to transfer old vhs tapes on to a computer using windows xp,then onto dvd?

Technotiger 10:12 20 Oct 08

click here this is one way ....

Or, if you have a PCI TV card in your PC, you could connect a VCR and play/record to your hard drive. Then to DVD.

Jim_F 10:29 20 Oct 08

Pinnacle among others provide capture cards and software that will do the job but this does place heavy demands on your machine in terms of processing power and storage. click here

If you have a TV card with video in then another option is the Nero suite.

However - getting to the 'easy' bit in my experience it isn't and the compatibility of recorded DVDs with different players is somewhat hit and miss.

If you just want to plug in tapes push a button and record to DVD then I'd say it would be much simpler to buy one of the combined VHS/DVD boxes designed to do just that.

In quality terms VHS is about the same as a video CD and as well as being cheaper I've found these much more compatible with different players.

eedcam 10:53 20 Oct 08

Get a dvd recorder by far the most straight forward and if you do want to edit just a matter of importing the dvd.Perhaps not the cheapest but the least hassle

kjrider 13:03 20 Oct 08

I got a DVD recorder with a hard drive from Argos for £70 (Might be cheaper now.) You can record to the HD, edit bits, then dub to a DVD.
I found it much easier than trying to do it with my PC.

KJR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant