VHS to DVD

pj123 17:42 25 Jun 06

I have a friend who played in a rock group in the 60s and 70s.

He has a VHS video of one of the gigs which he has asked me to transfer to DVD.

Using Pinnacle Studio 9.4 it captures all OK. It doesn't need to be edited but when I click on Make Movie nothing happens. Everything locks up.

Hitting Ctrl, Alt, Del brings up Pinnacle not responding.

Have also tried Sonic MyDVD and Ulead MovieFactory 4 and Nero with the same results.

Cannot get this to burn to DVD, although it is saved on my Hard Disk and will play from there no problem.

woodchip 17:55 25 Jun 06

What about Free XP Movie Maker

pj123 19:32 25 Jun 06

woodchip, probably won't work as we are both on Win 98SE.

woodchip 20:11 25 Jun 06

What I use for Video and daughters Analog Camcorder is click here
With software

john-232317 20:16 25 Jun 06

Plug the VHS into a stand alone DVD recorder, its the best and quickest way to do it.

De Marcus™ 20:23 25 Jun 06

Try burning the movie to an image file first to the hard drive then closing all apps, start up nero express, right click on task manager and give it a 'above normal' priority, choose the 'burn image' option and choose a slow (2x-4x) burn speed.

De Marcus™ 20:25 25 Jun 06

Just in case, and apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs, to burn to an image file in the likes of nero vision, choose the image recorder as the output.

pj123 09:54 26 Jun 06

A few more good suggestions there. I will give them all a try.

Thank you.

pj123 18:17 30 Jun 06

Thanks all sorted. Transferred it using my Liteon DVD recorder.

Absolutely awful. The hall that was hired had no acoustics, the microphones didn't work half the time and the MC didn't have a clue what the gig was all about.

But it was about 30 odd years ago.

Ticked.

vinnyT 16:38 01 Jul 06

'Absolutely awful. The hall that was hired had no acoustics, the microphones didn't work half the time and the MC didn't have a clue what the gig was all about.'

30yrs ago that counted as a good night out:-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…