From VHS to DVD

Granddad Ray 15:45 29 Dec 05

I want to transfer some of my old VHS tapes to DVD so that they can be played on a starndard DVD player. How can I do this and What do I need?

john-232317 15:50 29 Dec 05

Type your title into search forum ;-0

pj123 16:31 29 Dec 05

Just type vhs to dvd in the search box at the top.

Here are some examples.

click here

Granddad Ray 13:36 30 Dec 05

Thanks for your advice but it simply did not work. It simply led me to enough threads to kniw a wooly jumper but what it did not tell me was how o transfer from vhs to dvd via the PC. Can anybody help?

SEASHANTY 13:50 30 Dec 05

To transfer one three hour VHS tape to DVD disc on the PC will take approx seven hours.

Transferring a three hour VHS tape to DVD disc using a standalone home dvd recorder will take just three hours using a scart to scart lead.

pj123 13:58 30 Dec 05

I am sorry that you didn't find any of those threads helpful to you. I have just looked at some of them myself again and found quite a lot of information.

But more specifically, you would need to get a capture card or an external capture device to enable you to connect your VHS recorder to your PC. You would also need a software program like (for example) Pinnacle Studio, Sonic MyDVD or Ulead Moviefactory to be able to capture the video, plus a DVD burner to be able to make the DVD.

The capture unit I have is the Dazzle Fusion USB which comes with Pinnacle Studio.

click here
but be aware doing this via the PC is a long drawn out process.

It is probably easier and quicker to buy a DVD recorder which will copy VHS/Beta tapes in real time. I have the Liteon 5006 click here

Granddad Ray 14:52 30 Dec 05

Many thanks pj123. You've solved my problem, I'll buy the liteon 5006

pj123 15:22 30 Dec 05

Don't forget to tick it as resolved then please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…