VHS to DVD

stylehurst 14:55 02 Apr 04

I have a large number of irreplaceable VHS tapes which I would like to convert to DVD. The tapes are begining to show signs of wear & old age.
Computer end of the subject is not a problem as I have plenty of HDD space & a reasonably fast PC (2.4 Pentium)
Where I am having trouble is to locate a suitable PCI card so I can link a VHS recorder to the PC.
The VHS recorder only has either Scart or UHF ariel connections to connect to PCI card in PC. There is NO S Video connection.
Suggestions for a suitable reasonably priced card & associated software would be appreciated.

I'm embarking on a similar project and bought the Pinnacle Studio Moviebox USB.
I managed to get the latest version 9 from ebay for just over £100.

click here for lots of info/tips and reviews.

pj123 16:51 02 Apr 04
  TomJerry 17:01 02 Apr 04

Try this one Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert TV/FM Tuner with Nicam Stereo and Full PVR with Direct Burn Remote and Teletext £43.35 click here. I used it before. Good review in ebuyer and dvdrhelp. Spec see here click here

Audeal 19:19 02 Apr 04

You say you do not have a S-Video connection on your Vcr. You can easily use an adapter which goes in the Scart socket and then gives you three Phonos ( One video and two Audio outputs.) and also One S-Video output. Adapter is About £6 from Maplin.

lightfeet 07:26 11 Apr 04

Argos also has an in/out scart connecting kit @ £9.99, cat no. 534/2426, page 884 in Spring/ Summer 2004 catalogue

sgegede 07:50 11 Apr 04

I have bought a video converter kit from Adaptec called Videoh!CD of which you can convert and burn your VHS tapes to VCD format.It seems pretty useful.

SEASHANTY 16:20 11 Apr 04

....or you could spend £300 and purchase a multi region dvd player with DVD recorder such as the Pioneer DVR-3100 and record your VHS tapes direct to DVD without having to transfer the VHS tapes to
video files on your hard disk before then recording
same.
click here

Stonechatz 21:27 13 Apr 05

Locks the video signal to the audio - so far as I know, there are very few analog to digital video converters that do this, and it is, of course, of paramount importance to keep what the voice is saying in perfect sync with how the lips move!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…