VHS to CD

bluto1 19:45 22 May 07

What is the ratio of time to MB/s (or KB/s)

E.G. How much space on a CD/DVD for a 2 hour film. Can anyone help please?

Diversion 20:02 22 May 07

If you are using Nero if you click on your way to Trans-coding to DVD format it gives you the option to fit on disk, if you choose this option it will automatically choose its own bitrates’.

Diversion 20:08 22 May 07

Sorry I forgot to add even if your movie is say three hours in length. Just click on fit to disk, and it will fit it to the two hour disk.

bluto1 20:10 22 May 07

I`ll use Nero when I understand what I`m doing, but in this instance all I want is a ball park figure. Thanks for the quick answer.

bluto1 20:16 22 May 07

As you`ll have gathered by now I`m new to this type of transfer, but I think I understand from what you`ve said that a, say, 3 hour film won`t fit on a CD but that I can get it, and possibly another one, to fit on a DVD.

Diversion 22:04 22 May 07

bluto1
You can put a couple of say 3 hour films onto one DVD, but the more you put on the poorer the quality becomes. For example I have all the four Alien Films on one DVD, but saying that the picture quality is poor. But I do have the first three on VHS Video so I intend to copy them to DVD using my DVD recorder hooked up to my Video recorder/player, and the fourth one is on Sky at the moment so I'll get it there.

bluto1 23:18 22 May 07

Thanks for your input. I`ve had a mate of mine here who thinks this forum is a little overstated and now he`s gone home to have a "really good look" at it.
I`ve learned a lot from what you`ve said. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…