VHS to CD

s99Raj 12:56 23 Sep 05

On my laptop I have an S-Video TV-Out connector.

Can I use this to connect the laptop to a VHS recorder to record from the video player onto the laptop.

If not, what other way is there of doing this?

Eric10 13:14 23 Sep 05

No! You have already said that the S-Video connector on the laptop is TV-Out meaning that you can connect to a TV to send screen output from the laptop to display on the TV. To record onto your laptop you would need it to be TV-In. Also, I may be wrong but I don't think that S-Video has any sound component. You may be better to consider a USB capture device that should do the job. click here for one example.

woodchip 13:15 23 Sep 05

No it is only output from you Laptop to a TV or Camcorder. It will not input to the Laptop you will have to get a Capture device. One I got is a Tevion DVD Maker, USB2 runs only on Win2000 and XP. No idea where you could get one, I got mine from Aldi for £29.99 But you should be able to get a Card to fit the slot on your comp that does the same thing.
click here

click here

on these you need to check each one you look at to make sure it works with laptop click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…