VHS to CD???

GregB 21:33 29 Apr 04

All,

Is this at all possible.

I've got a collection of VHS tapes that I'd like off my desk. Can I copy them to CDRs using a CD Burner? Also, how on Earth would I coonect my Vid up to the PC, or would I need some special equipment?

Its all just a bit of an idea at the mo, and one I'm not confident of pulling off! Any help would be gratefully received!

Many Thanks

G

TomJerry 21:37 29 Apr 04

Get a capture card, capture video on pc, then you can edit it and finally burn to CDs with VCD or SVCD format, better to get DVD burner for this.

TomJerry 21:40 29 Apr 04

Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert TV/FM Tuner with Nicam Stereo and Full PVR with Direct Burn Remote and Teletext £43 click here

A very good and ease to use video editing software called "VideoStudio 7SE" will come with card.

For DVD a good dvd burner NEC 2500 £59 click here

Good priced dvd discs click here

Dumble452 08:23 30 Apr 04

I was interested in this question and trawling the net came up with this site click here
which may be useful

GregB 14:45 30 Apr 04

Cheers for the help guys. Just pricing up TV cards now, and I'll try and let you know how I get on!

Stuartli 16:39 30 Apr 04

Plus:

click here (software downloads)

click here (info)

GregB 20:55 10 May 04

Cheers guys - went with the Leadtek card, which I didn't realise was recommended - budget ruled, and this seemed to come with all features too!

Just a little advice for any thinking of buying one to running through an internal aerial (i.e. not a main one! - if that makes sense), think twice, I'm now comtemplating getting a loft aerial to install at the weekend - receptions not the worst, but far from greatest - my problem though, and no reflection on the card which seems top at the moment.

Just tried recording a Video from the VCR, and I get a weird hissing noise in the background. I'm still investigating, but does anyone have any ideas?!

P.S. Looks like if I can get this working, its a perfect excuse to buy a DVD Writer (WOOHOO!) :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…