VHS capture and DVB together?

Qdiddy 16:00 31 Dec 05

Hi,

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed on my latest product search and I am hoping you good people can help.

I want the most economical way to achieve both...

VHS video capture (player only has SCART and RF)

and

Digital TV on PC with ability to record (ala PVR)

I haven't found anything yet that can do both. Perhaps there isn't anything. If not, what are the best low cost of doing both with separate components. I have been looking at the Freecom DVB stick and Pinnacle Dazzle, but feel I should be able to do both for considerably less than £100 (perhaps I'm being to optimistic?)

Advice and recommendations please.

Mark5001 16:50 31 Dec 05

This is the one I use to do these jobs {HA 4058} V-Stream Xpert Internal TV-PVR PCI Card And you can buy it here click here
Scroll down to the 6th item.

Qdiddy 19:13 31 Dec 05

Thanks, I'll take a closer look. How do you connect your VCR's SCART to the card, though?

Stuartli 21:10 31 Dec 05

The TwinHan Freeview DTB-ter D+A will do what you require.

See:

click here

If you do decide to buy one DON'T use the supplied not very efficient PowerCinema software, but download the latest 1.0.1.7 BDA drivers and Version 2.61 TwinHan Hybrid software from click here (you'll need WinRAR to install the software; works like WinZip).

The link will inform you of everything that you can do with the card.

Mark5001 00:36 01 Jan 06

Connect by a scart to composite adapter. Available cheap at Curry's etc. Also you need to connect the sound lead to your TV card and possibly fron the TV card to your sound card ( Audio lead only ) as well.

Qdiddy 11:56 01 Jan 06

You've both been really helpful. Thanks and Happy New Year!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…