vhs analogue to digital

Mr.Narinder-198866 09:27 13 Dec 05

I wish to convert my VHS tapes(analogue) to digital DVD.
Are there any cards I can fit into my pc to convert analogue to digital and burn on to DVD?
Thanks

Graham ® 09:33 13 Dec 05

Put 'vhs' into search.

Pidder 09:34 13 Dec 05

Why not just get a DVD recorder? I have the Bush one from Argos which I find does the job very well, only reservation, it only uses + DVDs.

Mr.Narinder-198866 10:06 13 Dec 05

Graham & Pidder,
Thanks for your suggestion
petern

woodchip 10:24 13 Dec 05

You can get external ones that plug into USB. I have a "Tevion DVD Maker" Got it from Aldi for £29.99 they have them in occasionally

jbaker65 11:28 13 Dec 05

There is only one problem with using a DVD recorder! It will record fine but if you wish to edit the film (remove adverts etc.) you will have to use another program.

woodchip 11:41 13 Dec 05

Can be cropped out before burning to DVD with software supplied

Stuartli 11:52 13 Dec 05

If you buy a TwinHan Freeview DTV-ter D+A PCI TV card (click here) you can not only receive Freeview TV and radio channels, but also use the card's input sockets to connect a VCR, games console etc to watch and/or record to the hard drive.

The recordings can then be burned to a DVD using a DVD rewriter.

The TV card comes with remote control, EPG, PVR etc but you have to ditch the supplied PowerCinema software.

TwinHan has at last released its 1.0.1.7 BDA drivers and Hybrid D+A 2.61 software and it is first class; available from its website at click here and you also require WinRAR to install the software (similar to WinZip to use).

Stuartli 11:53 13 Dec 05

Also see this thread:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…