vhost.exe uncreases cpu up to 50%

shayw 10:26 11 Nov 13

Hello

I have a laptop dell with windows xp as os.I also used google chrome for webbrowser.When i connected to the net ,i remarked via the taskmanager that the cpu increases to 50 % for about 3 minutes. imagename pid username cpu svhost.exe 1472 system 50
I clicked the end process button the result was i cannot continue to browse in the internet and must to restart windows.

To see which applications can cause this i wrote in the cmd tasklist\svc and this is the list i got 1472 audiosrv,cryptsvc,dhcp,ersvc,eventsystem fastuserswitchingcompatibility,helpsvc,lanmanserver lanmanworkstation,netman,nla rasman,schdule,seclogon,sens,sharedaccess shellhwdetection.srservice,tapisrv themes,trkwks,w32time.winmgmt,wscsvc wuauserv,wzscvc

I don't know if is a normal behavior or is something todo

Thank in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:27 12 Nov 13

Assume you mean svchost?

this runs various .dlls and is normal behaviour

surprisingly enough connecting to the net is quite cpu and ram intensive especially on XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…