vgc-v2m recovery disk prob

bradwell boy 22:18 16 Nov 10

My sony desktop is 5yrs old now and have been getting blue screen on and off. Decided to wipe machine with recovery disks that I have used before.
My recovery disks are split onto about 8 CD'S. First disk ran fine Recovery got to about 35% and on 2nd disk. Then came up with an error on the disk. Tried several times, no change. Tried doing it by running the recovery partition. It seems I have cleared the recovery partition and the disks are meant to reset it, but the second dick is faulty. Now getting the message "an error occurred while creating the recovery partition". Is there another way to either replace the 2nd disk or get around this.
I feel this could be the end of this PC. Had a good innings and do have laptop can use anyway, but it is still a goodun. An ideas anyone?

johndrew 14:25 17 Nov 10

Have you tried cleaning the CD in question? It may be that over the years it has picked up muck. It could also be the disk (if home made rather than commercial) is failing. Home produced CDS do fail especially if not kept in good conditions or are used often.

Sometimes writing a new disk (copying) from an older one resolves the problem.

There is also free and commercial recovery software such as click here click here click here click here which may help recover the data from the CD to allow another to be written.

Home the above helps.

johndrew 14:26 17 Nov 10

Home = Hope :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac