VGA to Scart

gmpy1 13:49 07 Mar 10

Can I connect the VGA output on my laptop to a spare Scart socket on my tv, not sound
george

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:43 07 Mar 10

The most complicated connection is VGA. This is an analogue signal but it isn't compatible with most TVs. To make this work, your best bet would be to get a VGA to TV converter, such as the PC to TV Box, available from Maplins. click here

You'll still have to buy a SCART adapter to convert the video to SCART if you don't have composite/S-Video ports on your TV. Take note that SCART has two different types - in and out. You'll need SCART in.

A SCART to VGA cable is for displaying devices with SCART out (such as a DVD player or video recorder) on a device with VGA in (like a PC monitor or projector). These will not work the other way around.

Home made
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple