VGA to RCA 3 Adpater Cable

HoratioNelson 15:51 31 Dec 08

Laptop:
- Sony Vaio SZ71 WN/C
- VGA connection

TV testing on (hope to use TV's not as new)
- Sony KDL32S3000 (has relevant connections for cable stated below)

[url=click here|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318]VGA to RCA Cable[/url]

I have searched your forum which seems to have most questions evolving around my question but I don't seem to be any clearer in resolving my problem.

I'm looking to use this cable to project my laptop image onto the TV. This far, however, I've had little luck. The only positive (if you call it a positive!) is a ringing noise when I connect the audio (red and white) to the TV. I have setup the laptop to dual clone display which results in my laptop resolution scaling down. The refresh rate is set to 60htz.

Is the cable I purchased capable of displaying my laptop image? If so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Ex plorer 16:25 31 Dec 08

Hi this what I did I bought a HDMI cable this will project the image and give sound that is if you have a HDMI socket on The Lap-top and TV.
I was able to surf the net OK and watch Blue-Ray disks from the Lap-Top but I had to set the display (resalution) to 800X600.

HoratioNelson 16:30 31 Dec 08

Hi,

Unfortunately my laptop does not have an HDMI port. I'm hoping the cable I have already purchased is capable of cloning my laptop image on the tv.

Ex plorer 16:46 31 Dec 08

One other thing My TV is 32inch and I cant get a full screen play back on Blue-Ray, but surfing the net was full screen.

TV for video and stereo audio playback Cable.

It sounds like the cable is for playing video tracks say from a DVD etc on your PC. and playing stereo in playback mode assuming it was recorded in stereo.

I have never tried to do what you are asking advice on, but I am giving it my best shot.

Ex plorer 16:58 31 Dec 08

you may need one of these below but thats only for your PC, and at £40 not cheap, you then need to adapt your TV and then a cable.
Dose youre TV have a HDMI socket, it could be very expensive or you need someone with more knowlage than me what is your Operating system XP?

click here|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

HoratioNelson 18:50 31 Dec 08

Hi,

I'm not keen on looking at other solutions for the time being but idetnfiying whether or not what I have purchased (ok, perhaps prematurely) is capable of transferring my laptop image to the tv.

My Operating System is Windows Vista 32-bit.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

HoratioNelson 19:35 31 Dec 08

Beta,

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking that myself. Do you believe the cable I purchased is useless then? I'm away with work an awful lot so I'm hoping to connect the laptop to other tv's. I tried going for a cable I thought to be most universal and therefore used on numerous difference types of TV's.

Is there a cable out there (similar to the one I've purchased with a VGA and RCA 3 adapter) which enables me to do as I wish? Perhaps needing to spend a little more in order to achieve my goal.

Thanks,

Horatio

HoratioNelson 23:09 02 Jan 09

Any suggestions?

ambra4 01:59 03 Jan 09

Seeing that you have 3 HDMI inputs you can use a VGA to HDMI Converter

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac