VGA & DVI connections

Mr Confused 13:42 09 Aug 05

On my graphics card panel on the back of my PC I have two connections - one for VGA and one for DVI.

I've recently bought an LCD TV which I have connected to my computer using a DVI cable which I use this to watch movies on.

But I also find it useful to be able to use my VGA monitor when I need to do some work, or search the internet, using a VGA cable.

Is there anyway that I can display the picture on my PC and TV at the same time using something like a splitter or switch box?

If I try to use each cable in each slot on my computer at the same time - I get no display on either screen.

If any further info is required let me know.

Thanks

DieSse 14:41 09 Aug 05

Graphics card make and model please.

Mr Confused 20:03 09 Aug 05

The graphics card is a "128MB nVidia GeForce4 FX5200 with DVI".

DieSse 22:42 09 Aug 05

Make and model?? - so that we could read up on it's capabilities.

Do you have the secifications for it? - Are the two outputs specified for viewing simultaneously - or are they just alternatives?

Mr Confused 22:58 09 Aug 05

It's a Dell computer - this is the specification for the graphics card from the checkout page: -

128MB nVidia GeForce4 FX5200 with DVI, Dual Monitor Support and TV-OUT via S-Video

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…