VGA Driver for TINY 810L - Win 2000 Pro

Chris-190573 11:41 31 Jul 05

I recently had to format my harddisk as it would not boot up and i re-installed windows 2000 from the cd but the system only opeates in 16 colours and i cant run any of the programs i need!!

I have searched inside the computer for a vga card model number but cant see anything - it worked fine until it crashed last month - does anyone know where i can find a vga driver for the system?

The PC is not connected to the internet.

Hope to hear from you soon

kind regards

Eric10 12:13 31 Jul 05

From what I can gather the motherboard is based on the Intel i810 chipset. click here for drivers. You will obviously need to use a friend's PC to download them and burn them to a CD.

jack 12:14 31 Jul 05

as the Make model etc are an unknown here is some thing you can try.
Go to Control Panel/system/ device manager/
display and delet the current driver.
Reboot and the system will start in a basic default
9which is what you are in now by the read of it] and you should get found new hard ware - select from floppy/CD or list[that is Win 200 own built in set of drivers]
Go to list and simply run down all the makes and likely qualifyers asnd try them- start with the generic ones first.
one will come up a near match
Have fun

pj123 13:30 31 Jul 05

I have a PCChips 810lmr with onboard graphics, which is SIS630/730.

Driverguide has 46 entries for this graphics driver for W2K. One of which is for the 810lmr. Could be worth a try.

click here

If you are asked for an ID and Password, the ID is "drivers" and the Password is "all" (without the quotes). Select Simple Search and fill in the boxes.

Chris-190573 13:41 31 Jul 05

I have downloaded the files from the Intel website but they install upto 99% then says there is a device error and to contact technical support!

With the device manager option:

What am i looking for in the device manager section?

I have looked through but cant see anything that looks similar in the "list"

Can anyone help?

jack 14:17 31 Jul 05

Simply go for 'generic' VGS and take it from there this ill keep you going until a driver turns up
Then do A google/'drivers' /and search

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…