vga driver installation problem

goldenoldie2000 15:07 01 Nov 10

I have a acer travelmate 292lmi running windows xp recently I had to do a complete recovery. On reinstallation a number of drivers did not load.I have downloaded the multimedia audio controller from acersupport and this was excepted on the hardware update wizard,I then downloaded the video controller (vga compatible )but during the hardware update wizard operation I am receiving a copy error message saying setup cannot copy the file ati2mtag.sys.
I would appreciate any help with this problem.

howard64 17:57 02 Nov 10

try downloading the file again and save it to your hard drive. Reboot the travelmate and press F8 to go into safe mode. Then try installing it. Sometimes firewalls and virus checkers stop things loading.

MAT ALAN 18:52 02 Nov 10

If it is downloaded as a zip file you will need to extract all files preferably to your desktop and load them from there, there seem to be issues as to where you keep these files for them to work properly...

goldenoldie2000 21:22 02 Nov 10

Thank you howard64 and mat alan for your suggestions I downloaded it to a different file and this appears to have solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009