VGA Driver is Disabled

janey95 13:30 05 Apr 06

Help please! - Someone has very helpfully disabled the VGA driver on my pc and they dont know how to sort it out. Now XP wont load - you get the xp startup screen and then it goes blank.
I think I just need to go into device manager and enable it again, but nothing i do will get it to load.
It wont start in safe mode either, I keep pressing F8 and it makes no difference. It does give the option to press tab for BIOS and something else for setup but those keys dont seem to work either.
Have also tried the recovery disc but it wont pick it up.
How do I enable the driver again when I cant see anything??

terryf 13:32 05 Apr 06

What happens if you stick the windows xp cd in the drive and boot up?

remind 13:33 05 Apr 06

Tried `Last known good configuration` from F8 menu?

janey95 13:36 05 Apr 06

Its the same thing with the xp cd - it just wont pick up

I cant get to any menus at all, it just goes straight to xp loading screen then dies

remind 13:41 05 Apr 06

Pressing F5 or holding CTRL down when booting may get you into the boot menu

janey95 14:27 05 Apr 06

can you let me know what to do if i can get into the boot menu?

remind 14:46 05 Apr 06

You need safe mode or `last known good configuration`, beyond that it's a repair using the XP CD - click here

You can force XP to load in safe mode by editing MSDOS.SYS and adding BOOTSAFE=1 but you'll need a bootdisk - this one will read and write NTFS if required. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…