VGA adaptor settings - video card

portofcall 05:51 13 Dec 05

As per earlier email to PC Advisor; I have checked display settings with VGA video adaptors which were installed by Xp recovery disk after laptop crash. It appears that I need to install drivers but VGA has no updates. I am hesitant to use recovery disks to install as I am abroad and don't want to find myself without functioning computer. But, my video drive was fine until using recovery Xp disk. Symptoms of screen/video is a reduced clarity on full screen videos as well as rolling scroll (page by page). Still not sure where problem is located. I also cannot accelerate video or install 3D options. What next me thinks?! Thanks.

Smegs 12:23 13 Dec 05

If you can find out what the Card is, someone will point you to the right driver updates for you to download from the internet.

Totally-braindead 12:40 13 Dec 05

Since its a laptop you should be able to download the relevant drivers from the manufacturers website. What make/model is the laptop?

woodchip 12:53 13 Dec 05

Have you tried System Restore to a date before your problem?

Stuartli 14:29 13 Dec 05

The VGA drivers in use will be the basic drivers - you do, as suggested, need to download the latest drivers for your card from the manufacturer's website.

If it's an nVidia chipset then you need to go to the nVidia website:

click here

You can find out what graphics card or chipset is in use from System Information (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…