VFAT Device initialation failed

ameba 11:58 10 Oct 04

I put in a new memory card 512 mb ddr and when I started pc, I got the VFAT error message. Any suggestions what I did wrong or is card no good?
Running windows ME.

Hazzar 12:39 10 Oct 04

Try this site for help. click here Also does your motherboard support DDR Memory?
Tony.

ameba 15:03 10 Oct 04

I took card back to shop and they tested it saying it was faulty so they replaced it but I am a bit apprehensive to try this one. I have an asus motherboard A7V8X-X (Something like that :) )
The guy said it was compatable with the board.
I will look at your link and check it out first. All you do is place the card onto the motherboard slot and then switch on pc? That's all you do isn't it? Just asking in case there is something else I should be doing?

ameba 15:14 10 Oct 04

I checked file system and it is there so it's not missing. Should be ok to try the new card then.

Hazzar 19:59 10 Oct 04

Yes and perhaps no! Are you using a wristband to protect against static? You should put this on before taking the strip out of it's protective package and leave it on until your computer is back together.
If not this could have been why the first strip went chips.
Tony.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…