Very weird problem with graphics cards

RobOnline 18:46 27 Jul 10

Yesterday my monitor wasn't working, so I tried a new monitor and it still wasn't working. So I changed my graphics card to my old one which is built into my computer, I've had my new one for about 2 months. Then it worked, but today my old one isn't working, so I tried my new one and it works today. Anyone have any clue what is happening? xD

RobOnline 19:01 27 Jul 10

Well i just updated my new graphics card, had to restart my computer and it's stopped working again. But my old one works now.

james105051 19:13 27 Jul 10

If you have onboard graphics and wish to switch to a third party graphics card, it is always advisable to enter the BIOS at start up, and set the onboard graphics to "disabled", it is probably set to "Auto".

RobOnline 20:11 27 Jul 10

Well I just went into BIOS > Hardware, and my graphics card or whatever was set to PCI, instead of PCI express and something else so it looks like it's already ignoring it to me. I went into system > hardware > device manager, and my new graphics card (which is currently plugged in) is the only one recognised.

citadel 22:37 27 Jul 10

when you install a graphics card then restart pc the bios finds the card and onboard graphics is auto disabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced