Very very very very slow on restart

emmandelo1 20:22 03 Jun 05

Win XP Pro SP1 When I click on restart the computer shuts down okay but takes an absolute age to restart. Up to half an hour sometimes before everything is on the desktop and ready to use. Even then the mouse pointer jerks it's way round the screen and I have to use the Shut down option, leave the computer off for about 5 minutes and then boot up again. Using Shut down and leaving it for a few minutes works perfectly okay, the machine starts up and is ready to go in just a couple of minutes. I have Adaware, Spybot and Spyware blaster. I use Ccleaner and Window washer. I have Zone Alarm and I use kapersky AV. I defrag reguarly and in every other aspect I have a lean clean machine. It's just this restart thing that's the problem. Any ideas guys?

briggzy 20:34 03 Jun 05

Hi, check the event logs!, go to "start menu" then "run" and type in "eventvwr" (without the quotes) check the events which match the time of your last restart.

emmandelo1 20:54 03 Jun 05

Thanks briggzy. will do that next time I Restart and then post back when I don't understand what it's telling me. lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…