very very slow boot up.

19faupel45 04:58 13 Jan 11

I am runnings Windows XP and my PC takes at least 15 minutes to complete boot up. I switch on and after about 5 minutes I get the "log in" window. I click OK and the after about 10 minutes the desk top opens with an error message which reads " exception processing message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6b7c 75b6bf7c" there is 3 radio buttons marked up "Cancel" "Try again" & "continue". I click on continue and boot up continues for several more minutes. Once up and running the PC is as fast as it normally is. I carry out regular maintenance with CC Cleaner and Reg Servo.

Is there any thing I can do to speed up the boot cycle.

Regards Peter.

johndrew 09:42 13 Jan 11

Have a look at these two and consider using one of the methods proposed.

click here

click here

birdface 09:51 13 Jan 11

Maybe give malwarebytes free a run to see if it finds any problems.

click here

Not sure about Reg Servo no reviews about it and you should not need two reg cleaners on your computer so maybe think about removing it.
Also check device manager to see if any yellow exclamation marks beside any of the drivers.
Also check User Accounts make sure Microsoft has not downloaded a new user account on to your computer.
Maybe a system restore to when it was working ok.

robin_x 11:40 13 Jan 11

Recently someone else complained of slow boot up in another forum.

Turned out his HDD testing utility was reporting "Replace HDD".

I hope this is not the case for you but it maybe worth having a look.

Find the manufacturer and model of your HDD, check the manufacturer's website for a testing utility.

System Information (Hardware/Storage) will tell you what HDD is fitted.

click here;2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced