Very Strange Problem

OK Computer 09:50 03 Jul 03

I have possibly the strangest problem I?ve ever come across.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 with 384mb ram. There is two disk partitions and both have plenty of free disk space. The laptop is running Windows 98 SE and virtual memory is being controlled by Windows.

The problem I have is when I go to attach 1 of 5 excel files in a particular folder on my hard drive within an Outlook 98 email I get the following error message:

Out Of System Resources, Please Close Down All Windows and Try Again

I can attach any other files on my hard drive. So im thinking bad sector on my hard drive, however this is the strange thing, the folder the files reside in is called:

Analysis DRI Volume Based

When I rename it to

Test

I can attach the files. Rename it back and sure enough I receive the above error message!!

I have tried logging on as different users, re-installing Outlook but had no joy.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance

madPentium 11:34 03 Jul 03

This is a known problem due to 'complex folder names' but the good news is , theres a patch to fix the problem....

go here... click here;en-us;185150

OK Computer 11:37 03 Jul 03

thanks I will give this a go and let you know how I get on...

only confusing thing is, is that this problem has only just started to pose a problem yet the folder/files I believe have been there for sometime

OK Computer 14:09 03 Jul 03

Perfect... thanks very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…