Very strange PC crash

PC was on . but not being used, when it crashed, no blue screen, it was as if it had been turned off, or electricity gone off, electric had not gone as I was working on a laptop (plugged in).

The strange bit was that whilst the PC screen was telling me there was no signal, voice was telling me computer crash, computer crash and a few other words I could not make out

Very strange - anybody got any clues

xania 16:58 18 Jan 07

These things happen for any number of reasons, mostly to do with a program that was running in the background at the time. What's more imprtant is if anything has gone wrong when you re-boot. If your system seems to be OK, leave well alone If nor report what problems you are now having and we'll try to solved it for you.

many thanks, but over the day it happened, traced it weather problem - electric supoply was cutting out, but I hadn't noticed it, as I was working on laptop - battery was in so did not notice power hiccups that were occuring.

The "voice" was from the monitor!! telling me that pc was no longer sending signal - had never heard it before and it certainly does not tell you in the manual

Many many thanks for your interest

regards

xania 11:51 21 Jan 07

That's a new one on me too. I have heard motherboards giving a verbal message rather than the usual BIOS beeps, but that's the way technology is going.

Sounds as if you are OK. If so, pleae mark this thread as resolved - if not, let me know what you still need to know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…