Very Strange Goings On

Nancy166 22:19 13 Jul 05

I bought BT Caller Display Unit which wouldn't work. I rang BT a couple of times and after waiting what seemed forever finally spoke to a guy who seemed to have problems understanding why I wanted a Caller Display Unit and what the problem was. By this time and after a large number of press one, two, three etc, I was about ready to hang myself. I asked if Broadband could affect the unit and he didn't think so but I decided to check and disconnected Broadband and it worked...the Unit I mean. Only problem was, I then lost Broadband. Kept being told to reinstall software. Finally I managed to get it back but I still have the same problem....the two clash. Any bright soul know how to solve this problem before I completely lose it and throw the Unit in the bin?????

Thanks,

Moll

woodchip 22:22 13 Jul 05

are you using a filter. or it may be faulty

SANTOS7 22:36 13 Jul 05

Caller Display Unit - CD50 & CD1500
Not a service but a device used to display the telephone number of incoming calls. Possibly other Caller Display Units are also incompatible, BT are still investigating.
click here
statement taken from link, if yours is one of the two shown it may well be a compatability issue...

bof:) 00:01 14 Jul 05

Hi Molly S, have you got the caller id option set up with your BT phone package? I know that when I purchased my caller id box from BT we also had to have caller id option switched on at BT's end. This may still apply.

Mike

Nancy166 17:03 14 Jul 05

Hi Guys,
Many thanks for your help.Yes I'm all connected at BT...checked twice. This morning the device worked but I didn't have the computer on so not sure if the problem is solved. If it is then I have no idea how I did it apart from installing AOL software as instructed. If it isn't then ???????????

Thanks,

Moll

Nancy166 18:18 15 Jul 05

I'm back again...the puzzle still unsolved. BT have tested the line and the Caller Display connection and everything is fine except when I switch the computer on! I can only assume therefore that the filter on the ADSL is not doing the job and the two, that is the Caller Display and and Broadband are not compatible. When I mentioned that apparently BT are investigating other CD's the engineer had no idea. A bit odd. So if anyone out there comes up with ways round this apart from switching either off....I'd be grateful. I would like my Caller Display to do just that!

Thanks

Moll

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…