Very slow winXP home ed on HP Pavilion 441

nhsstaff 23:32 29 Jun 03

I have a HP Pavilion 441.uk PC and when I startup it takes 10 - 15 mins before I can do anything. I've tried runnin MSCONFIG and turning off startup progs but this doesn't help. It also runs very slowly all the time and often crashes. I've had this prob since I got the PC and have tried scandisk, defraggin and turning off start u stuff.

Does anyone else know how to fix the problem or what it is? I got 1.7GHz Intel celeron, 256MB Ram and 40 GB hard drive - only half full.

Philip2 09:51 30 Jun 03

You look if you have a compatibility problem could be drivers or software your running,as this computer came with XP it should run well,reformat the hard drive do a clean install if you have the six XP floppy disks use them if not you will have to use your recovery disk,set first boot from CD in the bios and put the disk in the drive press F10 and you will boot from CD.
ALL DATA WILL BE LOST BACK UP ANY DATA YOU WANT TO KEEP.Also check the event log before you start this will show up the errors.

graham√ 10:11 30 Jun 03

Is this a new PC? If less than 1 year, (or 2, with John Lewis), any fault should be rectified by the supplier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…