Very slow speeds and BT/Orange intransigence.

Salut 10:42 27 Mar 09

Since moving house last year I have frquent queires with orange regarding almost Dial-up speeds on Broadband.

Todays readings from Thinkbroadband speed tester are: down 186.39 Kbps; up 47.26 Kbps. Yes they are in Kbps.

Orange tell me that BT tell them that those are the best they can do! What really annoys is that Orange accept that explanation.

My neighbour (who is on BT broadband) gets down 1.6Mbps; up 355 Kbps.

Orange are, yet again, going to get back in touch with BT-that said I am told that BT cannot find any fault with the line.

I am frustrated as I do not seem to be able to influence Orange or BT that this situation is really unacceptable-dial up speeds as a broadband connection!!

I have recently written to my MP, I have been in touch with the ISPA and have written to Orange at least once a week protesting at this third rate service.

Has anyone any further ideas as to how to get better progress on this query.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…