Very Slow PC

ivy lynn-251214 18:32 02 Dec 03

After running a scandisk and a defrag,my PC is still running annoyingly slow.

A friend suggests a regisry wash, but I do not know how to do this, and will it help?, or is there somthing else I should do?

I run win ME and have Broadband (Blueyonder)

A_World_Maker 18:51 02 Dec 03

Can you offer more information?

What are you doing on the computer when it runs slow? Have you run a virus checker recently? How much free space have you on your hard disc? How much system Ram have you got? Have you run Spybot or Adware?

cycoze 18:55 02 Dec 03

Have a clean out in your Temp and Temporary Internet folders.

Throw out the clutter , any unused programs might as well be uninstalled , if you have too many desktop icons , delete as many as you can (you can still access them through`start`programs).

Have a look at the systray, most people have to much running unnecessarily , get rid of media players (quicktime,real player , winamp etc)for a start , most things if right clicked have a `preferences` , you can also have a look at your startup , dont take out anything your unsure of.

After clearing out temp folders and uninstalling etc you might have reclaimed a fair bit of space back , so it would be worth while running defrag again .

dfghjkl 20:53 02 Dec 03

back up files and reformat and reinstall windows,check you have all drivers etc and go for a clean pc,you will then have it going as fast as it will go.

ivy lynn-251214 10:33 03 Dec 03

Thank's all

Did the suggested, and I now have my PC working normal again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…