//some 3rd party need geo

Very slow and intermittent dial-up connection

skylark101 20:07 02 Sep 04

A friend of mine has recently bought a computer secon-hand and everything seems to be fine apart from his dial-up connection, I set up his dial-up connection myself using the internet connection wizard in XP home, and UK online as ISP. The connection is incredibly slow and at least 80% of the time up comes up with the message: cannot find server, or, web page cannot be found, this apparently happens at any time of the day or night so I find it very unlikely that the server can be that busy all of the time, can anyone help?

ulrich 22:13 02 Sep 04

I have been having this problem with F/Serve/Wanadoo for the last couple of weeks, I'm not sure if this started with new Norton AV. I have connected(46.6kps), but at hte bottom of the page it says Detecting Proxy Settings, then takes an age to load, next time it loads quite normally.

Dan the Confused 22:34 02 Sep 04

click here has some relevant info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…