very slow downloading of jpegs

Venezia 11:47 10 Aug 04

Normally downloading jpegs is really fast (XP,broadband) but every now and then this slows down considerably for no apparent reason. I've tried removing ad blockers, spy bot etc but that makes no difference. I empty the temp cache daily.

Any ideas?

Pesala 12:08 10 Aug 04

I have not infrequently come across JPG images on the web that were 1 Mbyte or more. On one site there were several images on the page of 9 Mbytes or so. Not surprisingly, they took a long time to load, even on 150K broadband. This happens if the designer places an image straight from their digital camera onto the webpage, resizing it to fit the page, but without reducing the number of pixels.

woodchip 12:19 10 Aug 04

It depends on how big the jpeg is. No amount of Compression will make the program speed up on download if the photo is gigantic before it's saved as a jpeg. Send me a E-Mail Via the Yellow Envelope and I will send you a jpeg photo and just check the difference in download speed

Venezia 12:19 10 Aug 04

The size doesn't seem to matter! even small images take an age.

woodchip 12:23 10 Aug 04

Well I am on Dial-Up and the Photo that I would send, I could download in two minutes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…