very slow connection no pages to view

moosep85 00:07 29 Dec 05

Hi, i'm hoping that someone will be able to give me some help. Ihave a dial up connection that is very very slow, when i connect it can sometimes take 6,7, 8 or more attempts to connect, then when i do get connected i get a very very slow speed ie 21.6. the web pages do not appear, i am with ntl and have spoke to them but they say it has to do with the amount of people who are in my area using dial up etc, i rang bt and they said they would adjust the gain, this hoewver did nothing. throughout the day it takes ages to connect, and then i get no pages appearing, now 2nite i have a conection speed of 50.6. is there anything else that can be done to get connected quicker and a faster speed. I am dial up, can u get faster speeds with it because i have heard that you can, if so i would like to stay with ntl

Mr Beaujangles 01:57 29 Dec 05

Moose - don't know what you are paying for your dial up but you can get good deals for broad band from most suppliers now for about the same price as dial up. Most of them seem to be limited cost for 6 months to a year and then it goes to the full price. As an example, Virgin are doing 24/7 dial up for £12.49/month and are offering broad band at the same price at the moment if you sign up before the end of January. This cost remains the same for 12 months and then reverts to the £17.00 mark/month. This is only one example and you should look around to see what the other companies are offering.
Hope this helps,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…