Very Slow Brower Performance But Only at My Connec

swmy 22:27 17 Jun 06

I hope someone can please help. I am blueyonder broadband customer and I have recently had very very slow browser performance connecting to any web sites. This is affecting two laptops I have at home and have ran checks for spyware. Also when checking my connection speeds by pinging various web sites and downloading large patch file for a games everything runs very fast.

What really puzzles me is that when I plug my laptop into another blueyonder connection of a neighbour's everything is fine and runs super fast. I just seems to be my home connection AND only web pages. Can any please explain this and how to resolve it.

ed-0 22:30 17 Jun 06

Have you had a FUP warning from them?

woodchip 23:15 17 Jun 06

It sounds like it's your windows setup. Can you go back with a system restore point

De Marcus™ 23:23 17 Jun 06

FUP warning?

wassat then ?

woodchip 23:25 17 Jun 06

Using the Internet more than there limit

ed-0 23:28 17 Jun 06

Most ISP's operate a Fair Usage Policy. At times of high demand, usuall 6pm to 11pm and most weekends, they ask that you do not hog the bandwidth. i.e. P2P.

If you do this a lot, you may be issued with a FUP warning. They may then go on to strangle your bandwidth. They can turn down your internet downloads down to dial-up speeds.

Blue yonder operate a FUP policy.

ed-0 23:28 17 Jun 06

You beat me to it.:-)

woodchip 23:36 17 Jun 06

You need a Reault

ed-0 23:39 17 Jun 06

lol

De Marcus™ 23:44 17 Jun 06

Aha, Fair Usage Policy, brain didn't kick in, thanks guys.

ed-0 23:50 17 Jun 06

said

" It sounds like it's your windows setup. Can you go back with a system restore point "

and

swmy said

"What really puzzles me is that when I plug my laptop into another blueyonder connection of a neighbour's everything is fine and runs super fast."

Thats what made me think FUP and not a windows thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…