very slow black screen on start up / anti-virus stopped working

DrLector 09:44 AM 03 Jul 11

Hi All. Ok, first i noticed i had program missing, ( i think when i was having a clean out i may of deleted it by mistake, i did a system restore ,i got the program back but then my anti virus and anti spyware didn't work ? also it took a very long time from start up for my pc to start, id put in my password then 3 mins of a back screen then before widows would be there , i re did the restore, and anti spyware works but not anti virus ? im told " the avast program has been stopped or is inconsistent state please re start the program to resume protecting your system" i try this, but nothing happens ? im running Vista, Avast and Stopzilla

thanks for any help

birdface 09:58 AM 03 Jul 11

Stopzilla has some poor and good reviews and the poor reviews would put me off from installing it.

Maybe download malwarebytes and give that a run to see if it finds any problems.You get a fortnights trial of the pro version now.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:09 AM 03 Jul 11

Start - search -type

sfc /scannow

let windows search for and repair missing or corrupt windows files, could take sometime.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites