very slow black screen on start up / anti-virus stopped working

DrLector 09:44 AM 03 Jul 11

Hi All. Ok, first i noticed i had program missing, ( i think when i was having a clean out i may of deleted it by mistake, i did a system restore ,i got the program back but then my anti virus and anti spyware didn't work ? also it took a very long time from start up for my pc to start, id put in my password then 3 mins of a back screen then before widows would be there , i re did the restore, and anti spyware works but not anti virus ? im told " the avast program has been stopped or is inconsistent state please re start the program to resume protecting your system" i try this, but nothing happens ? im running Vista, Avast and Stopzilla

thanks for any help

birdface 09:58 AM 03 Jul 11

Stopzilla has some poor and good reviews and the poor reviews would put me off from installing it.

Maybe download malwarebytes and give that a run to see if it finds any problems.You get a fortnights trial of the pro version now.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:09 AM 03 Jul 11

Start - search -type

sfc /scannow

let windows search for and repair missing or corrupt windows files, could take sometime.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 review: Why the new Start menu, Edge browser, new apps and Cortana make Windows 10 the…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Help Dan Rubin curate galleries of Adobe Stock images – and you could win a year's Creative Cloud

iPhone 6c release date rumours and images | Expect iPhone 6c to be Apple Pay ready