Very simple (for me!) web-page upload Inquiry.

timoth 15:30 06 Dec 04

As a complete newcomer to creating a webpage I am wondering how a get, to start with, a simple low file size photo. + caption onto my free Onetel hosted webspace.
I gather i have to learn a few bits of HTML, a client FTP program.....I just wanted to start really simple. I don't know if the 30 day free trial (cute-FTP) would be time enough to get me started, or is there a basic cut-down version? Ps. i have checked with onetel website and i get click here,... ~"my username", so i presume this is the site ie URL , to which i upload. PSS> maybe i need go the whole way and get Frontpage ...? Baffled. timo parker

timoth 07:40 07 Dec 04

I managed to log-in to my homepage (onetel) ** using the explorer browser and address box. There is a file on my ftp page called index.html...I was told i could drop and drag pages somewhere..does anyone know where exactly i drop and drag to and what i have to label my page + format , in order to change my personal page? My preset page just has onetel log and welcome to notice,,,,page under construction.
cheers, timo PS. searching for freeware FTP and most sem to be licensed software, free for first 30 days of use. SmartFTP looked the business, but again, only free trial. Is smart FTP suitable for a complete novice!?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…