very low wireless signal

filthyphil 09:48 23 Jul 07

hi, I have a dynamode wireless router wired to my pc and my laptop has a usb wifi adapter however when i move any more than 1o feet away from the router the signal gets less and less to the stage wher if i am down stairs approx 15ft away the signal is very low and sometimes no signal at all. am i missing something her or will a PCMIA card be the solution to my signal issue? its just that with the lovely weather i would like to sit in the garden but will lose the signal.

tullie 11:01 23 Jul 07

What lovely weather!!!!

Strawballs 00:26 24 Jul 07

Where is the router situated?

filthyphil 14:50 24 Jul 07

the router is located in the upstairs spare room with the router right next to the door so no excuse for signal blocking.
not too sure but i thought maybe the usb adapter wasn't powerfull enough whereas a pcmia card would have more power???
i also looke at getting a diferent areal to give a better signal???

Strawballs 22:32 24 Jul 07

I can pick up my Linksys from over the road using neighbours laptop with netgear USB adapter and with my laptop with onboard broadcom adapter and my router is in downstairs backroom but high on a shelf away from anything else electrical.

You could try using a different channel that sometimes helps if others in your area are on the same channel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5