very long shutdown with xp

onslow 22:45 07 Feb 04

i recently re-installed xp home since then it takes nearly 4 minutes to shutdown the hard drive light flashes for 30 seconds or so then does nothing for the rest of the time i have posted on other forums with no luck
i have changed all the times of kill apps in the registry messed with the nvidia settings updated all drivers all which were suggested but they made no difference
if i boot up and dont open any applications it will shutdown fine task manager says that there is the same amount of apps running at start up as shutdown so i cant see anything that is there slowing it down when i re-installed i quick formatted my c drive only and left d + e as they were could this be the cause?
i tried changing the acpi settings (acpi to uniprocessor to standard pc) with no change
any suggestions would be appreciated? specs- msi kt4 ultra -2400xp- xp home- 512meg pc2700- thermaltake butterfly 480w psu- gf4ti4600-40gb maxtor ata133-audigy2-msi cdrw+dvd drives

VoG II 22:48 07 Feb 04

click here and scroll down to Shutdown works but its real slow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…