Very Important - Please Read this

Pesala 15:35 02 Jul 04

I was looking for some info about AVG autoupdater and came across this readme.txt file.

AVG 6.0 Antivirus system

The README.TXT file contains the newest information which we were not able to include in manuals. Most of this information is very important, please read it carefully.

End of file README.TXT

(~_~)

Wak 15:46 02 Jul 04

This sounds very much like the notice board which read:-

"It is forbidden to throw stones at this notice board."

Or am I missing something???

g0slp 15:46 02 Jul 04

But 'tis Friday afternoon...

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:55 02 Jul 04

Eh?

G

Pesala 16:03 02 Jul 04

I made a shortcut to run the AVG autoupdater C:/Program Files/Grisoft/AVG6/AVGCC32.EXE" All it needs now is a command line switch to look for an update immediately. Is that possible?

€dstowe 16:09 02 Jul 04

It is to have a file (a "readme" file) there in readiness for future proofing and reporting devlopments with the software. I probably has to have some content to prevent it being erased/hidden.

It is a simpler process to insert developments into a notepad "readme" file than it is to modify a manual.

€d

Pesala 16:11 02 Jul 04

Having up-to-date virus protection is important. Whoever wrote that text file presumably intended to insert some vital stop-press news. What exactly did not get added to the help file?

I found a way to add the command to the menu in Opera:

[Browser Utilities menu]

Item, "AVG Update" = "Execute Program, "C:/Program Files/Grisoft/AVG6/AVGCC32.EXE",,,"AVG""

Item, "Babelmap" = "Execute Program, "C:\Program Files\Babel Map\Babelmap.exe",,,"Babel""

Item, "Calculator" = "Execute Program, "calc.exe",,,"Calc""

Item, "Notepad" = "Execute Program, "notepad.exe",,,"Panel Notes""

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…