very Bizzare internet problem please help

tinny76 21:42 14 Oct 03

hello,can anyone please help i can not connect to internet when i click on internet explorer on desktop, if however i click detect network setting on the subsequent page that appears. it eventually gets me online, but everything is going so slow i feel that i am using a dial up. I am using windows xp and have an ntl cable modem. I can ping my ntl gateway no problem and all of my network seeting and internet options appear to be ok. this problem occured when i was fannying about with hyper terminal, coincidence? i am not sure, i hhave disabled both of my com ports and have put my internet explorer defaults... can anyone help please..... thanks in advance.
Tinny ps xp pro

Pesala 21:50 14 Oct 03

That might be the easiest fix if you are not sure what you changed with Hyper Terminal.

The Spires 22:12 14 Oct 03

click here May give you an idea where the issue liesa.

tinny76 22:22 14 Oct 03

that seems toh have done the trick thanks a lot pesala, i'll check out the tweaks cheers the spires..
sorted

tinny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…