Vertical lines on monitor and prints

HenryVII 15:09 22 Jun 14

During the past few months my monitor has shown evenly spaced vertical lines, a bit like Regency striped wallpaper. This shows mostclearly on a blue screen, where the stripes are a lighter blue, and on a white screen, where the stripes appear pale yellow. I assumed this would be either a graphics card or a monitor failure (I keep drivers up to date), but I have noticed that prints show a similar effect: a black and white photo I printed today has greenish-blue "Regency stripes", for example.

Any ideas?

My setup includes the following:

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V LX Rev X.0x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS [Display adapter] LG L226W [Monitor] Canon Inkjet iP4500 series

Graphicool1 15:53 22 Jun 14

Hi HenryVII

So the trouble obviously isn't with your monitor. But if anything you view has stripes and if you print them the prints too have those stripes? Then it sounds to me as though your PC data might be corrupted.

Graphicool1 15:58 22 Jun 14

PS

Try putting some of the pictures on a memory stick and try viewing or printing on a friends PC. Failing that you could put some of the photo's on a cd and play them on your TV.

Woolwell 16:13 22 Jun 14

It may be a coincidence about the stripes when printing. It sounds more like the printer head needs cleaning.

HenryVII 16:27 22 Jun 14

Thank you all for your comments. I printed one photo from the SD card via a USB stick. The stripes were still there, but much fainter. I also printed the web page I'm on now with the Print Screen function: this showed no problem.

I now suspect the graphics card. I think this does, or can, interact with the printer - perhaps I'm wrong. The trouble is that buying a new graphics card is an expensive way to find out...

HenryVII 14:45 23 Jun 14

Thanks, MechKB 2. I shall try your suggestion and let you know. It may be several days, however, before I have time to do it.

HenryVII 14:45 23 Jun 14

Thanks, MechKB 2. I shall try your suggestion and let you know. It may be several days, however, before I have time to do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac